About usMuhu in numbers:
- Population: 2080, including 1112 men and 968 women (1.01.2023)
- Population density: 10 inhabitants/ km2
- Size: 207,9 km2 (with surrounding islets)
- Villages: 52
- Municipality center: Liiva village, 157 inhabitants (1.01.2023)
- Distances from Liiva: to Kuressaare – 65 km and to Tallinn – 153 km
How to get to Muhu?
There is a causeway connecting Muhu with the neighbouring island (Saaremaa) and a ferry connecting Muhu with the mainland. The ferry service is very frequent and it takes about 25 minutes to get from one port to another. Reservations are highly recommended, especially during weekends and public holidays. For more information about the ferry service, please visit Ferry schedule and Reservations.
Muhu is well connected by a network of buses. A ride from Tallinn to Muhu by bus takes approximately 2,5 hours. For bus schedules, please visit Bus schedule.
Muhu has some smaller harbours that are serving visitors with private boats: Port of Koguva https://www.koguva.ee/en/
Kuivastu Harbour http://www.saarteliinid.ee/eng/ports/kuivastu/
Lõunaranna Port http://www.lounaranna.ee/avaleht/eng/